Wednesday, December 27, 2017

Winding Down the Year

It still seems impossible to believe that the year is nearly over. Only four days left until 2018. Wow, is it really that late in this decade? You know what people say about time flying.



As you have seen from reading my blog posts, I have been signing up for reading challenges for net year. I'm still waiting to see if the Book to Movie, LGBT+, Banned Books, Fantasy, Poetry and Feminism challenges are offered next year.  I haven't yet heard if any of them are. I don't yet know if the Steampunk or Horror challenges will be offered either, but I'm not certain about doing  either of those again. I'm a little sad that the Dystopian and Retellings challenge won't be offered, especially the Retellings one. I have really begun to like reading fairy tale retellings. If another similar challenge is offered, I'll definitely join.  BTW, some challenge posts don't go up until January, and for the past two years, the Feminist one didn't go up until February!

I'm also trying to finish up the challenges I entered for 2017. I have just begun reading what I think will be my last book of the year. I'm hoping to finish it by Sunday or even before then, since Sunday is New Year's Eve. Things on NYE can get a bit hectic, so I will be glad if I get a break from reading that day.

Next year will mark two years since I began my memoir. I'm still not done, but right now, I'm taking some time off to work on the other story I have begun. I first got that idea for that one in September 2016, and have only been working it on a little this year. I did some more work on it last night, and hope to do more the rest of this week.

No work until next week as the center I work at and attend is closed for the holiday week. It's been little boring not getting to go, but the week is almost over. I guess a Monday holiday made it go a bit faster.

No real plans for the New Year, but I intend to keep working on my writing. Maybe I should start using Wattpad or Fanfiction (I saw a challenge for reading Fanfiction). Anyone how has used these sites, let me know how they are.

There wasn't a lot of Christmas activity for me, and I don't anticipate a lot for New Year's Day either.

2 comments:

Elephant's Child said...

The New Year will find its way in without me. I figure it knows the way. And my days of New Year's Eve parties are done.
Happy reading.

Unknown said...

A lot of challenges haven't come back this year. I haven't participated in the ones you're looking for, but I was looking for them for 2018.

I haven't used Wattpad for writing in a while, but I've been getting better at trying to find stories on it. I'm a lot more familiar with FFN. I'm not sure how to go about using the app for writing, but the app gives the old-looking website a newer appearance. Depending on what you need help with, I can help figure out those two sites.