Friday, December 8, 2017

What’s In A Name 2018

I love doing this one. Click here to sign up and see more details.

What's In A Name 2018 logo

The challenge runs from January to December. During this time you choose a book to read from each of the following categories. (Examples of books you could choose are in brackets – translations and other languages most definitely count!):

The word ‘the’ used twice (The Secret By The Lake; The End Of The Day, The Curious Incident Of The Dog In The Night-Time): 
The Boy in the Striped Pajamas--John Boyne
A fruit or vegetable (The Guernsey Literary And Potato Peel Pie Society; The Particular Sadness Of Lemon Cake):
The Irresistible Blueberry Bakeshop and Cafe--Mary Simses
A shape (The Ninth Circle, The Square Root Of Summer, Circle Of Friends): 
Every Soul a Star--Wendy Mass
A title that begins with Z – can be after ‘The’ or ‘A’ (Zen In The Art Of Writing; The Zookeeper’s Wife, Zelda):
The Zone of Interest--Martin Amis
A nationality (Anna And The French Kiss; How To Be A Kosovan Bride; Norwegian Wood:
British Manor Murder--Leslie Meier

A season (White Truffles In Winter; The Spring Of Kasper Meier; The Summer Queen; Before I Fall; The Autumn Throne): 
Wintergirls--Laurie Halse Anderson

Challenge Completed on March 6

2 comments:

Elephant's Child said...

Interesting - and I was surpised at how many of the books from the examples I have read.

Literary Feline said...

I am looking forward to participating in this one too! I find it fun to match titles to categories. I have a few ideas of what I might read for this one already. Good luck! I look forward to seeing what you read for each category.