Monday, August 14, 2017

Two-Year Anniversary

Today marks two years since I began my treatment on Prozac.  On this day in 2015, I saw my psychiatrist for the first time. He was filling in for another I'd seen a month earlier, and has been back and forth with the department (such a long and complicated story!) and has been back since last year after leaving for about four months. See more here.



In January of 2016 was when I got the idea to tell my story after reading Prozac Nation.  I cannot believe how one book has had such an influence on me.  I guess because the story is similar.  


Prozac Nation

I have this as my Facebook profile picture right now and the above photo as my cover photo.  


SaveSave

4 comments:

Elephant's Child said...

I really hope that your treatment continues to help and you go from strength to strength.

Beverly Stowe McClure said...

Wonderful, Jamie. You are a brave woman. My best wishes to you. God bless.
Thanks for stopping by my blog.

Kelly Hashway said...

People don't always realize how many others they can help by sharing their own story. Words and shared experiences are so powerful.

Tamara Narayan said...

I know someone who recently started this medication. Maybe I should check this book out. Thanks for sharing!