There are two simple goals for the R.eaders I.mbibing P.eril VI Challenge:
1. Have fun reading.
2. Share that fun with others.
As we do each and every year, there are multiple levels of participation (Perils) that allow you to be a part of R.I.P. XII without adding the burden of another commitment to your already busy lives. There is even a one book only option for those who feel that this sort of reading is not their cup of tea (or who have many other commitments) but want to participate all the same.
Multiple perils await you. You can participate in just one, or participate in them all.
Peril the First:
Read four books, any length, that you feel fit (our very broad definitions) of R.I.P. literature. It could be Stephen King or Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Shirley Jackson or Tananarive Due…or anyone in between.
Here is what I am reading:
- The Trouble With Magic--Madelyn Alt
- Pirates--Linda Lael Miller
- The Fall of the House of Usher and Four Other Tales--Edgar Allan Poe
- The Spiderwick Chronicles 1-5--Tony DiTerlizzi and Holly Black
- Beyond the Spiderwick Chronicles: The Nixie's Song--Tony DiTerlizzi and Holly Black
- Aunt Dimity and the Village Witch--Nancy Atherton
- The Shack--William Paul Young
- Ghosts--Raina Telgemeier
- The Spooky Express California--Marcin Piwowarski
- The Moonstone--Wilkie Collins
- The Turn of the Screw--Henry James
- Peaches and Screams--G.A. McKevett
- Bloodlines--Richelle Mead
- The Girl With All the Gifts--M.R. Carey
- Nightlight: A Parody--Harvard Lampoon
- Zombies Calling--Faith Erin Hicks
- Witch Buster--Jung-man Cho
- My Big Fat Zombie Goldfish--Mo O'Hara
- My Big Fat Zombie Goldfish: The SeaQuel--Mo O'Hara