Saturday, January 31, 2015

Gentle Spectrums 2015

I didn't do this one last year and since it starts on February 1, I'm signing up today.  I'll be doing both games, and will try for Level One on the Limitless Pallet (maybe more).  Sign up here. 

Gentle Spectrums 2015


I love matching books to creative themes;  like a scavenger hunt at home!  Some challenges particularly this year have such finely-tuned criteria;  what we can include is narrow.  I thought about the kind of mixing & matching I would enjoy and last year, created “Gentle Spectrums”.
I forever appreciate the first members of my trio:  “Gentle Spectrums”, “My Kind Of Mystery,
and Ethereal.  You have my thanks.

I present broad themes, so a great deal more titles fit.  It is also important to me that if we surpass a minimum quantity, those have somewhere to go.  For our grande finale, a point system rewards everyone who keeps on reading & reviewing.  From the moment you sign-up, all Gentle Spectrums prize activities fromFebruary 2015 to February 2016, are for you!  RIEDEL Fascination prizes are for all members internationally.  It’s especially nice that your matieral for my categories may belong to any genre under the sun.

I think of you as guests in my parlour.  If you are keen on (A) or (B):  here we go!  :)  If you decide on both;  your first sign-up suffices.  Surprise me with a comment that you’re doing more.  Since my games are separate:  if a book fits them both, go ahead and use it dually!

SIGN-UP –
If you blog, please give my reading challenge a post, with no more than 3 others on it.  I can’t load bogged-down webpages.  I also appreciate that your post gives our group visibility.  Input it into the linky near the bottom of this page.

If you aren’t a blogger:  use any publicly-viewable forum (not ‘facebook’) that lets you make lists and write.  Give our URL, tell people why you’re joining, and type in your progress.  Alternatively, use the URL of your Goodreads profile page for the linky further below, or contact me with any questions.

REVIEW –
A sentence or two to explain your star rating is ample.  I complile all of them in my blog’s top menu.  Your reviews will be there for future browsers;  no efforts wasted when our year concludes.  I review at Amazon, Goodreads, and Book Depository.


**** (A)  LIMITLESS PALLET ****
I keep finding colour titles.  I wished to read whatever I liked;  not hold back for a year, because a colour got used.  Ask and ye shall receive!  For the first time in any circle:  choose a colour level!  Accepted now:  Colourful, colour, bright, light, iridescent, iridescence, dark, shade, hue, spectrum, rainbow, prism.
Limitless Pallet Levels



























































Books for Part A:
  1. The Color Purple--Alice Walker
  2. Down a Dark Hall--Lois Duncan
  3. The Girl in Blue--P.G. Wodehouse
  4. The Chocolate Cat Caper--Joanna Carl
  5. The Yellow-Lighted Bookshop--Lewis Buzbee
  6. Cat With an Emerald Eye--Carole Nelson Douglas
  7. Blue Ridge Reunion--Mia Ross
  8. Pink Ice--Susanna Carr
  9. The Witch of Blackbird Pond--Elizabeth George Speare
  10. This Present Darkness--Frank E. Peretti
  11. Piercing the Darkness--Frank E. Peretti
  12. Blizzard of the Blue Moon--Mary Pope Osborne
  13. Cream Puff Murder--Joanne Fluke
  14. The Silver Kiss--Annette Curtis Klause
  15. The Devil in the White City--Erik Larson
  16. Charms and Chocolate Chips--Bailey Cates
  17. Grey--E.L. James
  18. The Dark Garden--Eden Bradley
  19. Blackberry Pie Murder--Joanne Fluke
  20. All the Light We Cannot See--Anthony Doerr
Part A completed on December 30
______________________________________________________________________________

**** (B)  GENTLE SUBJECTS ****
We are going to revisit some favoured subjects and new ones I created!  Broad and easy to fulfill.  Please complete 1 each, of these 10 subjects.  Keep on adding anything that fits for extra points.

~ (1)  STONES  ~




















































Variations of the word, gems, jewellery, ruins, geological formations.

~  (2)  CHEERFUL  ~




















































Uplifting, positive messages;  conveys pleasant thoughts, images.

~  (3)  NATIONS  ~Cultures, locations:  lakes, towns, even well-known places;  fictional included.
~  (4)  PLANTS  ~




















































Trees, flowers, lawns, fields, grasses, grains, and gardening paraphernalia.

~  (5)  WATER  ~




















































Water bodies, proper names, closely-connected components:  taps, sinks, pools.

~  (6)  SPACE  ~




















































The sky, its contents, spatial matter, concepts, tools.  Star Trek / Star Wars-related.

~  (7)  DAUNTING  ~





















































Any title that has you thinking:  “Oooo!  That does not sound good”!

~  (8)  STRUCTURES  ~






















































A building, its rooms, proper names, any of a structure’s parts.

~  (9)  TIME  ~





















































Any signifiers of time, like seasons.  Any unit-measurers, like watches and calendars.

~  (10 HUMOROUS  ~





















































Odd, or anything that gives you a grin.  I’ll accept a ‘pun laid on too thick’ grimace too!

Books for Part B:

  1. Stones:  Cat With an Emerald Eye--Carole Nelson Douglas
  2. Cheerful:  Kira-Kira--Cynthia Kadohata
  3. Nations:  The Little Coffee Shop of Kabul--Deborah Rodriguez
  4. Plants:  Strawberry Girl--Lois Lenski
  5. Water:  Sea Glass--Anita Shreve
  6. Space:  The Martian--Andy Weir
  7. Daunting:  Still Alice--Lisa Genova
  8. Structures:  Down a Dark Hall--Lois Duncan
  9. Time:  Chosen at Nightfall--C.C. Hunter
  10. Humorous: The Cupcake Queen--Heather Hepler
Part B completed on May 19

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jamie, I'm glad you found me and it's nice to have you as my guest. Welcome! It's also really fun to see that you're playing both of my games. Let me know if you prefer subscribing to my blog, or an e-mail from me when a prize activity is on. That way you are up on information I post. I replied to you at my blog too. Blogspot doesn't always let external messages through, especially with 'robot verification'. If this gets through, great. If not, hopefully you catch the post I make today. I try to visit everyone who takes the time to write a nice promo for me, like you have here. :) Happy Gentle Spectrums day! Sincerely, Carolyn. https://cmriedel.wordpress.com/riedel-challenges-2015/