Sunday, June 30, 2013

Hot Weather!

Yes, it has been very hot in my neck of the woods. And if you've had to work in a packaging facility in hot weather you know what I'm going through. Same if you've lived in a house with no A/C, just a bunch of fans.   And having to spend your day off going to get groceries and do laundry in such hot weather is just something you don't want to do.  But I had to do it today, not yet knowing what other days I have off this week.  Last week I worked six days in a row and felt hot in the work area.  It has n A/C either, just a few large standing fans.  Our leader advises us to drink plenty of water when working.

It has really been feeling like summer.  But there were a few days last week that didn't seem like summer weather.  I still can't believe it's almost July.  July 4th is this Thursday and our shift leader told us we will work that day--just hasn't yet said who will work that day.  Having a new job can get exhausting.  But I'm glad to be doing something different.  I'm still planning to apply to the Walgreens that will be opening in my town.

I declared today on Facebook that it's just too hot to be doing chores in this weather.  But I did what I had to do.  Hoping for the weather to cool down soon.

No comments: