Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Feels Like Spring

And it's midway through the second week of January.  My birthday is tomorrow [please don't ask :)].  Yet the weather in this part of the country feels like spring.  It's California, after all, and those who live there know there's no such thing as snow, except in the mountains.  But even the mountains seem to be lacking in snow.  Not that that matters to me, since I'm not a skier, but I could not help noticing this article in the San Francisco Chronicle last week.   It sure doesn't feel like winter here.

I kind of like this warm weather, but keep putting on my jacket by force of habit.  It just seems mandatory to have a jacket on at this time of year.  Yet sometimes it's just a bit hot to have my jacket on, especially in the car.  I also find myself removing my jacket while at the store.  Weather last fall was a bit uncharacteristic of the season as well, in the 70s and 80s, something that seemed largely absent last summer.  I'm now beginning to wonder who this summer's and fall's weather will be in my neck of the woods.

It's kind of good to not have to face rain for a while, even though we've suffered a drought for some time now.  Last spring it was raining a lot, now wondering if that will be so this year.  The weather has been in the 60s and more of the same is expected later this week.

I'm off work all this week for my birthday, by the way, and haven't done much as of yet.

Even in the warm weather, I don't feel compelled to visit the coastal areas.  It my just be a little too cold to even go near the ocean.  And no breaking out the shorts and sandals either.  Totally not characteristic  of this time of year, even with spring-like weather.  Even with  sunny days, it still gets a little cold, it is winter, after all, even though it doesn't look like it for many of us in this part of the country.




1 comment:

DoolittleDesign said...

Happy Birthday Jamie! Thats cool that you and my mom have the same birthday! Now I will never forget! Hope you had a blessed day!